Поиск

вторник, 10 ноября 2015 г.

Personal experience.CCUSA

I would like to share my personal experience on participating in CCUSA program.
This program helps young people to work and travel the whole summer at fantastic and accredited summer camps across the USA...



When I was a third-year student (2011) I got an opportunity to take part in this program. It felt so unlikely to spend 3 summer months in the USA being able not only to earn some money but also to travel, without paying for food or accomodation (cause camp provides you with that.) But a few months later after filling in all the papers I was chosen by Camp Lanakila.
          
  It provides two options to the participants: Counselor and Supporting Stuff. I have chosen Suporting Stuff (Kitchen) because of language barrier, it seemed to me that I hadn't enough knowledge to communicate easily. But I was wrong.

 It was hard in the beginning, but that was an amazing time for me. I've got a lot of useful experience and also a language practise, I've seen some sights which I had only read about before. 

Interesting fact: almost all Americans do believe in those awkward stereotypes about Russian and Ukrainian people like we  have pet bears, we can’t be cold, we love winter very much, and we all are spies.


But anyway even now I have a lot of friends from England, Hungary, America, Australia, The Chech Republic, Poland and we try to keep in touch. Thanks CCUSA.

2 комментария:

  1. А какие еще оптимальные программы обмена есть?

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Студенческие еще AIESEC есть, о ней здесь тоже есть сообщение.

    ОтветитьУдалить